Wednesday, March 11, 2009

February 25, 2009

Here is a glimpse of Christian's first few hours......
And a brief time line leading up to his arrival....

12:00 PM - notice light cramping and major back aching

2:00 PM - while walking aimlessly around Target (I mean if your gonna be in labor why not be at the best place in the world) find that the cramping has become the all too familiar start of contractions

5:00 PM - still not sure if I am really in labor but decide to clean the house and do laundry and eat a cupcake and blow out my hair

8:00 PM - contractions are now very consistent ( as in 4 minuets apart)...although I seemed to still be in denial that this was actually labor

9:00 PM - call Nick and mention that maybe he should come home when he gets a chance (HELLO crazy pregnant lady...get to the hospital!!!!)

10:20 PM - arrive at hospital.....hello pain, I haven't missed you at all these past 4 years

11:17 PM - Christian makes his debut (Yes Heather in less than an hour at the hospital he was born....there is hope for you my dear...)

And may I add that the Lord is so gracious to me.....I prayed and prayed for a short labor and small baby.....short labor (check)
head size 14 3/4 (1/4 of an inch smaller than A.'s) (check)
under 8 lbs!!! (check)













































2 comments:

Luke and Heather said...

Ohhhhhh I want to smell him!!!!!!!!

Do you think that his mouth looks like Aidan's? Something is identical and I can't figure out if it's the lips or the chin or what...

I am SO SO SO happy that God answered your prayers and SO glad you told me that. Yay maybe I will get pregnant now that I know short labors and small babies DO happen. Ha!!! :)

Also, I can totally see Judah in Aidan as the big brother and it makes my heart melt. Do you love it? I want to give your whole family a huge hug... how blessed you are!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Aww Thanks for sharing all these special moments. It makes me laugh to think about you wondering around at target and cleaning while having contractions and being in denial about it!! Haha love it! I'm so proud of you!! I'm glad this labor was a bit easier for you. As you know I can't imagine haha :D